Sod Installation in Fort Worth & the Surrounding Cities
Grass Sod Installers for Fort Worth Homes & Businesses
Clearfork Lawn Care is your local specialist for installing new sod where you need it. We’re located in Fort Worth, and we’re happy to make a trip anywhere in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
Our sod services are split into two categories. We do beautiful residential work to give you the lawn you’ve always wanted. We also provide commercial sod services that handle everything from outdoor business spaces to athletic areas. Whatever kind of sod you need, we can make it happen.
In addition to laying sod, we provide a full range of maintenance and service options, so you never have to worry that your new sod will fail from lack of care. Whether it is for your home or for a business, our sod will give you exactly what you need. Contact us today for grass sod installation in Fort Worth or one of the surrounding cities.
Residential Sod Installation
If it’s for a new home or a lawn upgrade, we can install sod for you. We’ll start with a planning period where you tell us what you want. We’ll survey the yard and make a recommendation on grass types and an installation process. With you, we’ll finalize the plan before we get started.
Before laying sod on your Dallas/Fort Worth property, we have to prep the yard. Our team will clear the area of weeds, existing grass, and other obstructions that could interrupt the growth of your new lawn. We’ll level areas as needed, and we can install sprinkler systems as needed. In all, the lawn will be ready for the new sod.
From there, we’ll lay the sod. This part of the process doesn’t take too long (depending on the size of the lawn). We’ll ensure everything is laid correctly, and we’ll follow up by tending the sod in the early stages. New sod has specific watering requirements, and we’ll make sure you have a good schedule for watering and additional care.
If you’re a DIY homeowner, we’ll make sure you know when it is safe to move to each new stage of lawn care. If you prefer, you can schedule care services with us that will ensure the new grass thrives after installation.
Commercial Sod Installation
Commercial sod exists on a whole different scale than residential services. Clearfork Lawn Care regularly plans and executes commercial sod installation projects throughout Dallas/Fort Worth, and we’re ready to take care of your business too.
The process starts with a planning phase. This is where you tell us where you want to have new grass. We’ll survey the site to come up with a game plan, and we’ll discuss different sod options and the pros and cons of each choice so that you have the information you need to make a good selection.
Our teams are fully ready to handle large-scale grass sod installation, but we provide these services to smaller businesses too. Regardless of your needs, we can get your sod installed.
If your grass will be for heavy foot traffic and use, we’ll take measures to ensure it is up to the challenge, and in the planning phase, we’ll make sure you know which options can handle the most abuse. We also offer turf services when that proves the more practical option.
Once the sod is installed, we offer professional maintenance services. If you want top-tier care for your new grass, Clearfork Lawn Care is available to provide it. We’ll make sure your new grass investment is in good hands and ready to mature.
Types of Sod for Your Lawn and How to Choose the Best in the DFW
Ready to craft the gorgeous lawn of your dreams? Our DFW sod installation experts would love to help you bring your landscaping dreams to life! We offer a variety of sod types that thrive in our northern Texas climate, including:
- Bermuda grass. Of all grasses available, Bermuda grass is one of, if not the most, popular type of sod grass you’ll see on DFW lawns. This type of grass wears very well, is drought resistant, and needs full sunlight to thrive. Most Bermuda varieties also tend to retain their gorgeous green hue even when it’s scorching outdoors.
- St. Augustine grass. In Texas, Raleigh St. Augustine grass is the most popular variety of St. Augustine because it grows well in clay soil, can tolerate partial shade, is SAD virus resistant, and needs only four to six hours of direct sunlight to thrive. Palmetto St. Augustine is another popular choice due to its shade, cold, heat, and drought tolerance. Both of these fine-textured, narrow-blade grasses are excellent choices for virtually any DFW lawn.
- Zoysia grass. Palisades Zoysia grass was developed by the experts at Texas A&M University, which means it was created to thrive in our often fickle climate. This medium-coarse grass can withstand cool temperatures, tolerates heat and sun well, and will even grow in moderate shade. Of all Zoysia grasses, Palisades is also the most drought tolerant — it can survive for up to 15 weeks without being irrigated.
- Mondo grass. This ornamental grass isn’t often thought of as a lawn option, but it can make a gorgeous lawn when planted correctly. Mondo grass thrives in shady areas, grows to five or six inches tall, and is best mowed at three inches to maintain its gorgeous green hue year-round.
- Shade grass. Fescue and Bluegrass thrive in shady conditions, but they’re also considered cold-climate grasses, so they tend to wilt when it’s hot and look their best when temperatures drop. These grasses generally remain green throughout the year and do not enter a dormancy period during winter like many other grass types.
How do you choose which type of sod grass is best for your DFW lawn? You’ll need to consider the type of soil your property has, how much shade your lawn naturally gets, and the amount of full sunlight your yard receives.
You’ll also need to factor in the grass type’s watering needs (if you don’t have a sprinkler system, choosing a drought-tolerant variety is in your best interest) and how well it wears. If you have children, have highly trafficked areas of your yard, or tend to spend a lot of time on your lawn, consider choosing a type of sod grass that’s known for wearing well. That way, it’ll retain both its appearance and lush underfoot feel no matter how much time you spend walking on it.
Ultimately, it’s in your best interest to consult with a DFW sod installation expert to determine the best type of grass for your north Texas lawn. You’ll get expert insight into the types of grass that will thrive on your property, along with maintenance and care recommendations that’ll help you help your lawn thrive.
Contact Us Today for Grass Sod Installation
If you’re ready to get past the dreaming stage and start making your grass ideas a reality, give us a call or shoot us a message. We’re excited to work with you, and we’ll be happy to discuss your sod options at length. After a session with our landscape designer, you’ll be prepared to put together something transformative for your home or business. Let Clearfork Lawn Care install the new grass on your Fort Worth area property so that you can get on with enjoying the benefits of our high-quality work.